Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nana took Skylar (and me) to the American Girl store to get her a doll over Spring Break. We tried to eat at the cafe, but it was booked up, so we "settled" for the dessert bar and got a sweet treat. Skyar was too excited to eat her sundae because all she really wanted to do was go get "Julie", her new doll. Strangley enough, they do not make a blonde with green eyes and straight hair (they do have a new Lanie doll with long blonde hair and green eyes, but her hair is curly. Guess we could use a straigtener if we wanted!!) Julie has long blonde hair and blue eyes. The store is so cute and they even have a place where the dolls can get a new hairdo! Skylar had the best time and on the way home she said to me "Mom, you are fun without dad!" Todd was away on business, and I think they were concerned I wouldn't be as fun as dad!! Thanks Nana for a great time. (Pop-Pop took Trevor out to the toy store and he chose a Monster Jeep and some Mighty Beans. A happy boy, for sure!)















































1 comment:

Diane said...

So EXCITED to see an update on the Sutherland Family Update!!! Love the photos from the store and so happy she loved it (and you too). You can really loose yourself in there - as in spend all your money because it is all so cute and fun and then leave realizing oh my word what have I done I just spent a weeks pay - but in the end the smile on her face is all worth it :) I am sorry you did not get to eat there but the desert looked yummy! We want to eat there some day - guess a reservation is in order, huh?